Decreased urge to pee!

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 2 and a half weeks my urge to pee is very minimal. I drink 4 bottles of water a day which equals 2 litres a day. The urge to pee only lasts a few seconds and it goes away and it's not even a strong like it was before. And if I move or stand up the urge goes away as well. I never have the urge when I stand anymore. I go to the bathroom to try to pee and it takes 10-15 seconds for it to come out. About 85 percent of the times I pee a normal amount but sometimes it's less. There's no burning and my urine is normal color. Also there hasn't been pain until yesterday a small pain in the left side of the bladder that lasts 2-3 seconds and it goes away, but I don't feel it much. Now I went to my family doctor and he did a urine test and he checked me out and he said the test was fine that it's because of anxiety that I'm having this issue and he said it'll go away. A few days later I still had the issue so I went to the emergency they did another urine test, a blood test and a bladder test to see if my bladder was emptying. The doc also did a prostate rectal exam. Once again the doctor said everything is normal and that it's anxiety causing it. Also I had a PET scan last month because they found lymph nodes in the abdomen and I had to see an oncologist. The pet scan came back normal. The emergency doc brought that up that I had a pet scan and that it came out normal and that there's nothing wrong. Yesterday I went to another hospital emergency they did the urine test and also the bladder test again and the doctor checked the penis and belly for pain once again everything was normal and he said it's because of anxiety. He told if it continues I could go to a urologist which he gave me a number to call. Anyways that's my situation and if anyone has anything that can help me? Also I do have anxiety and I'm a hypochondriac ever since I had the scare with the lymph nodes. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I'm no expert 'and' I'm female but I was diagnosed with something called PCS a few years ago and had the most terrible experience with my bladder. I think you should look into it, even if to tick it off your list.  One of the main symptoms would be hemorrhoids?

Google pelvic congestion syndrome (pcs) in men. Good luck 

• Posted

I know the feeling of always feeling sick or that something is wrong 

I too have other to urinate

I have been trying to keep it down to once an hour 

I feel like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't

I didnt drink alot water because I don't want to keep running to the bathroom but I started to drink water again.

Good luck to you

I do think it's anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.