Dee

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have had anal fissures since giving birth 3 years ago. it was minor back them and doc asked me to use cream to heal it. offcourse it didnt heal with the cream and only got worse - with a small skin tag. i was given botox in July end- the pain was same as fissure pain for few days and the the fissure healed. in the 9th week of first botox , it came back . it hurts and more so i am emortionally disturbed.. should i get second dose ? i am super nervous ti think about surgery as i am still in my late 30s... any advice, help will be highly appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I know exactly how you feel. I suffered fissures on and off for years. I'm in my early 40s and a LIS was my last resort after using all the creams and 5 lots of botox. I ate a high fibre diet, drank lots of water and took stool softeners but it was really starting to affect my quality of life. I'm 6 weeks post surgery and my fissure is almost healed. Just a little discomfort sometimes from the incision but I'm back at work and exercising. I believe I made the right decision and the procedure has high success rate. I hope this helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.