Deep dull throbbing pain in ovary

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was told I had a 8cm cyst on my right ovary in January. I am awaiting an operation for It to be removed and after 2 months of waiting I found of my referall was never done.

I also recently found out my cyst now has a daughter cyst measuring 3 cm.

I am a bit worried as today after a 12 hour shift I've begun having LEFT (not right) ovary pain.

I can only describe it as feeling really deep in my groin and throbbing. Whereas my normal pain is usually a sharp pinching pain.

Has anyone got experience of this type of pain or any advice would be much appreciated. M

Thank you x x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've experienced both of these types of pain. The pinching is usually there and the dull throbing pain seems to happen after I work long hours or work too hard etc. I was told I have fluids around them(they're bilateral) and that's probably what causes most of it. The only things that help are never having sex, not moving, going pee every 2 minutes, and high strength pain meds lol so yeah you'll pretty much have to go cause a fuss at the doctor that forgot to refer you until they get u in for surgery.
  • Posted

I experienced this deep throbbing pain with my dermoid cyst, it felt like someone was pulling on my ovaries and twisting them. I would ask for another full ultrasound hun, and look into this referral case. If they told you they would refer you then it is in their duty of care to do so, and not doing so could be seen as medical negligence if you are still suffering. 

Get back on to your doctors!!! 

I hope you get this dealt with as soon as possible xx

• Posted

Hi Shannon

I initially went to doctors with these symptoms. I was getting aching as if a period was due. I had a scan which showed the cyst and fibroids. I have had to blood tests which have highers than normal markers. I have an appointment with gynaecological department on monday. Will keep in touch. Gill

• Posted

Hi Shannon

It sounds like you need to get yourself back to your doctor Asap!

Ive been through this myself

I had a 3 lb cyst on my right ovary, I had that dull ache my periods were horrendous!

They thought I had appendicitis at first.

The pain was dull aching like a stabbing pain all around my back stomach and sides of my body! Il never forget that pain even now!

I had to have my right ovary removed the cyst had completely destroyed it!

I also remember being a bit sore afterwards and having lots of wind in my stomach Aswell. I remember the nurse gave me peppermint water to sip after when I had completely woke up from my operation. And I had a drop in and a catheter on me Aswell. But I was glad I had all that horrendous gone! Relief wasn't the word!

Just also remember not lifting anything heavy for a while when I was healing inside too. But I went on to have three children later on. Who are young adults themselves now😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.