Deep ear pain and constant head pain for 4 1/2 years

Posted , 11 users are following.

I’m a 47 year old female that has had deep ear pain  with fullness and excruciating  constant head pain for 4 1/2 years.   I’ve had 7 MRIs , CT scans , ultra sounds  with no answers all negative.    I’ve been to ENTs, primary care doctors, neurologist, neurosurgeons.  They do not know why I’m having this constant pain it unbearable.  I’ve tried multiple medications.  I’m now taking amitriptaline it is helping me with the pain but never with out pain. I also have spasms in my  tongue .  I thought I might have glossopharnageal   Or eagle syndrome.  But the doctors say no.  My neurosurgeon says I symptoms of some type of glossopharnageal  . But I have so many types of pain in my ears and head and neck that he can not pin point it... 

I once had a cortisone shot in my shoulder and while  having the shot I got severe ear pain in right ear  I screamed out in pain but he finished putting the shot in my shoulder.      That’s the last thing I can think of that made my pain start.  All of the doctors that I’ve been to says that can’t happen with a cortisone shot..  so who knows.    

I have major pressure in my ears and I can hear my heart beating in my ear mostly right.  When I Bend over to put my shoes on or pick something up I can hear my heart beat going faster and faster . And the pressure in my head feels like my head is going to explode!   I stand up and my pressure and heart beat slowly go back to normal.   I feel like I’m going to have a stroke .   

If anybody else has had the same thing  please answer .  I’m desperate for help!    I will really keep y’all informed as to what happens and if I ever get relief.   Unlike everybody else on this site.  I feel I should keep you updated so I can help other people with the same problems.  This is so miserable  and the quality of  life is  zip!  Thank you I wish all of you help with your ailments!     Bbair 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hi Bonnie, I have the exact sane symptoms (except for tongue pain, mine is globus sensation/dry heaving) and am going insane. i suspect I have POTS. Did you find out what was wrong? How are you? Praying you are doing well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.