Deep itch inside chest feels like heart is itchy

Posted , 20 users are following.

Any help please it feels like my heart is itchy it never stops as soon as I wake up in morning untill I fall asleep I have had cardiac blood tests and ECG and everything was fine has anyone else had this constant itchy feeling it's really getting to me

7 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you suffer with asthma?
    • Posted

I had asthma when I was younger came back when they put me on propanalol but iv been taking my inhalers as and when I shud
  • Posted

Iain, bronchial itching can be caused by an ashthematic condition, and I would therefore suggest that you should get in to see your GP about this as soon as possible.

It does not in itself denote anything serious, but it may well be an allergic reaction that needs to be isolated and treated.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I have a hospital appointment later I'm going to speak to them about it they think maybe my tablets have set my asthma off so thank you for your comment hopefully get to bottom of it
    • Posted

Hi rod

Thanks for your advice turns out I'd taken a reaction to tablets was setting off my asthma so iv stopped them for now so hopefully feel better over next couple days

Thanks again

Iain

• Posted

I'm very pleased that you have sorted this problem out Iain.

It only goes to show that there is always an explanation as to why our systems occasionally give us problems.

Now you you can get on with enjoying your life.

I wish you well Iain.

All the best

Rod

• Posted

Just wanted to say thanks to Rod for the precise diagnosis and insight. i am from Canada and this diagnosis just gave me some clarity on a similar problem. Although I have no asthma... I do have allergic reactions and have been taking antihistamine medications. there were no pollen outbreak today so that might explain it. But I am not sure now if this might have more to do with indigestion or heart burn. Thanks
  • Posted

This can be a broncial problem.  Have you had bronchitis or bronchial pneumonia at any time if so that could be the cause.  You may need medication or even an inhaler. Go to your doctor and see what he suggests.
  • Posted

I have the same itchy heart sensation throughout the day. I have no asthma history. Can somebody please suggest if they have experienced this and guide me on how to get rid of this. Thanks
  • Posted

I get a sharp pain in my heart accompanied with a deep itch in the same area, it's worse after I sneeze, but lasts all day and worsens when stressed. Been going on for about a month now. I went to the doctor yesterday and got and EKG, blood tested for blood clots, heart echo, and chest x rays. All seem okay. I haven't had asthma or any type of bronchitis or pneumonia and am in general good health (27 years old). I'm discussing the issue again with my doctor in a few days to see what the problem is and fill you all in. Please let me know if anyone has had similar issues and what the source was thank you! 

• Posted

Am facing a similar issue have any updates on your condition?
  • Posted

Am facing a similar situations have any updates on your condition?
  • Posted

I also have this feeling deep in my life is/ chest like ltchy and my back is starting to ache! I have asthma and have suffered alot with phnuminia before. I only sneezed and had a couple coughs today. Starting to not feel well at all :-(. I will try my inhaler and see if that makes a difference. I am a medical courier and I go in and out of the hospital etc. So I am always in contact with illness uggg not good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.