Deep pain in legs amongst other things

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice about my current health situation and would be very grateful for any opinions. Approximately two months ago I began to get a warm sensation in my left foot, it would last around 5 seconds and happen a couple of times a minute, this lasted 3 weeks. Immediately following this I began getting almost cramp like feelings in my hands, predominately on the left hand, almost felt like someone pinching the area between my wrist and little finger. A few days after this started I had a feeling of numbness in hands and feet, almost like they fell asleep. This lasted a few days. The next thing was a deep pain in both my legs, although again the left is worst. When walking it feels like tightness all the way from one leg across my groin and down the other leg. This is coupled with on/off warm sensations and pains in my wrists. I have an appointment with a neurologist but it’s not scheduled till September and I seem to be getting progressively more pain. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Or can anyone offer advice on how to speed up the process of being seen. It’s been 2 months since the initial foot symptom and as it stands I’m beginning to become very worried.

Thanks to anyone who responds,

Jez

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like possibly a nerve problem. Its worth chasing up a sooner appointment..
  • Posted

thanks for your advice, I think you may be right. Today I experienced numbness of my finger tips on both hands!only problem is its hard to speed the doctors up!
  • Posted

You need to get a EMG This will identifiy if it is nerve damage it took years of me going to  different  experts to finally get  some idea of  what was going on with me  hopefully this will not be the case with you . i know now what is wrong with me and unfortunately im getting worse .i don.twant to  get into the whole story about what happened to me because  its a very long story .hopefully you will get your answers very soon jez i will watch this spot god bless
  • Posted

Your symptoms sound very similar to my son's. He has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome which affects the central nervous system. He's in hospital at moment and was referred by his GP who sent him straight to the emergency Assesment unit. They did various tests and are treating him for GBS  and he's being monitored by neurologist. Go back to GP & tell them you suspect GBS and need to be referred for tests. Better be safe than sorry. Good luck
  • Posted

thank you all for you comments, I took he advice and managed to speed up my neurology appointment. they ran the standard reflex tests and sensitivity tests and have reffered me to infectious diseases as they do not think it is a neurological problem. I am now wondering if it could be something like lyme disease as i was in the philipines over xmas and may of picked something up. I really hope that eventually fine a solution/cause as im now getting to the point were I dream of pain and wake up with pain, and have gone from running 10miles with ease to finding a two mile walk shattering.  Im also getting a ow body temp (35.5ish) quite frequently, mostly in the morning. Im quite clueless as to whats happening but its very scary.
    • Posted

Low body temp and fatigue could be symptoms of underactive thyroid.  May be worth asking for thyroid tests (neurological symptoms can also be linked to the thyroid). Hope you get answers soon
  • Posted

Thanks again to all those who responded.I've managed to speed the process up slightly and seen a neurologist who did some basic tests including reflex,balance and eyes and she didn't feel it necessary to do scans and forwarded me to infectious diseases due to s recent trip to Asia. The ID doc doesn't think it's from Asia so I'm now all the way to square one with no new answers as such. I have faith in the neurologists but can't help feeling some more rigorous test would of provided at least some stronger evidence it isn't Neuro based. That being said I'm slowly feeling better,less random sensations abd the twitching eased off when I returned to exercise. I'm left now with cramp sensations on sides of feet and hands so it isn't to bad just annoying. I'm beginning to wonder if it could be something like ms but both docs seems to suggest aftermath of a virus....not that I've been ill. Again thanks to everyone for ur comments nice.

Jez

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.