Deep-purple bruise on abdomen

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went out drinking on Thursday night, had many too many and the following day woke up to find a bruise on my stomach. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, there was a scratch there too so i assume i bumped into something. But the bruise has gotten much darker since yesterday to the point where it seems strange for a minor scratch or knock to cause it so I'm wondering if it might be something I should worry about.

I've taken a picture. You can see the scratch at the centre of the lighter, pink area.

http://i.imgur.com/08LbNGo.jpg

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you by chance have stomach issues or colon problems?

I'm no doctor but that looks painful and I would have an MIR or a CT scan

S

Done Asap!

• Posted

He said that he had one or two too many and could well have walked into somthing and not felt it at the time. Surely an internal disease would not cause a bruise. I would put some arnica cream on it.

How easily can you get a CT or MRI scan?

First see GP and if he is convinced sent to see a consultant and then?

• Posted

I have removed the posts that were turning into an argument. Please do not take discussions off topic by running down or being rude about other users' opinions. All users are entitled to and free to post their opinion, it is up to other users whether to take the advice or not. If you disagree with a post you can express this politely.

Regards,

Alan

Emis Moderator

• Posted

I was about to complain about the poster who was new to UK health since May 4th and hadĀ made already made 21 postsĀ and evidently did not understand that this group is not Facebook or Twitter.
  • Posted

Interesting you should ask about colon or tummy issues, I have just come up with a bruise on my tummy overnight,waiting for consultation and possible colonostomy but also been treated for stomach ulcer, can you tell me why you asked that question ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.