Deep throbbing pain left chest

Posted , 4 users are following.

20 year old female. I've had this problem for a few years, I'd say almost 10 years. My mother used to say it must be growing pains, but due to lack of other symptoms, I've never looked much into it.

It used to happen every several months. Now I've noticed it at least once a month but haven't been keeping proper track.

The pain is deep in my chest, so I'm unable to relieve it via physical touch. It's a slow, dull, aching and sometimes stabbing, throbbing pain that varies from moderate to severe and is always on the left side of my chest, right where my heart would be.

The attack lasts for no longer than a few minutes, and usually I have more than one episode of this a day. Then it goes away until next month, though rarely will happen again after a week or few days.

I haven't found anything online to explain this, as I don't have any other symptoms besides the pain and occasionally my heart beats harder and a little slower, so I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have similar on right side, but gives me ache all over chest front wall, do you have any other symptoms, mines worse on waking up
    • Posted

Nope. No other symptoms aside from occasionally, my heart will beat harder and slower during one of these attacks.

And it's concerning because it's near my heart...

• Posted

Hi hannah

Sorry to hear what you are going through. not really knowing you its hard to really have any idea what this could be. Normally with that sort of symptoms you would tell the person to go to A & E or at least see your doctor, but as you have had this for sometime now, that probabaly is not the right thing to do. Could be stress related as it seems to go away for sometime before coming back.

Try keeping a diary, put down what as been happening before the symptoms show themselves, that way you might see a pattern showing and at least you can go to your doctor and show them the results and they might be able to do something about it.

Best of luck and do let us know what happens.

Kevsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.