Defeated

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone I hope you are all doing as well as can be.

I am so upset today as I have discovered my GP is not taking care of me.

initially in Nov last year I was diagnosed with PMR, put on 15mg pred, for 4 weeks then 12.5 for 4 weeks, now on 10 since 9th Jan.

I have had one blood test, that was to diagnose PMR, a CRP test, result 75 inflammation.

I have been told by GP to start cutting down the pred 1mg every 4 weeks, starting 26th Jan, until I am off them.

No further GP visits, no more blood tests and I have never been offered a bone density scan.

Through this forum, thanks so much to everyone! I realized I should be having a blood test, so I phoned the clinic and asked for one. I got the results today and the CRP is at 14. I have had no contact with the GP regarding this result.

Now I am feeling quite low and defeated, don't know what to do next!

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would take Eileen's advice, look for another doctor in the practice. The first doctor misdiagnosed a 'mini-stroke' and sent me home with medications for that. Fortunately for me, I didn't believe him, neither did another doctor in the practice - who sent me to a diagnostic unit at our local hospital and GCA was diagnosed.

Surprised you haven't seen a rheumatologist. My GCA is monitored by a rheumatologist and my GP is there for backup. 

Don't feel defeated, Margot. Be strong and in control. Cheers

• Posted

Thank you Sandy! yes I will take Eileens advice and seek another GP. I am so glad to hear you didn't believe your Doctor, that could have been disaster for you. No, no rheumatologist. hopefully my new GP will

Thanks to you all I can stay strong and in control!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.