Defined Reddish mark on pointer finger

Posted , 2 users are following.

i first noticed this mark on my finger on xmas eve and over the past week its gotten bigger and we from looking like a square to where the bottom is at an angle.

i am a huge nail biter and i wouldnt put it past me that I bruised it but i cant recall exactly what happened that would have cause a bruise this shape or why its growing. id like to rule out melanoma as it isnt developing in a single stripe but im still nervous.

pic 1 and pic 2 and about 4-5 days apart.imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think its just damage to your nailbed. It will grow out eventually but may take a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.