Definitive HIV symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Are there any definitive HIV symptoms?

The internet has very mixed answers (and probably the worst place to look!)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, but the short answer is no.  You'd have to get tested.  Based on your previous posts, it seems very unlikely that you could have got infected though, even if your partner was HIV+, which also seems unlikely.

• Posted

Maybe it’s the anxiety that is giving my symptoms. I’ve had swollen nodes in my groin for over 4 months now. 

If the condom didn’t break, how did I get the uncomfortable sensation in my testicles and penis?

Is it possible that the long masturbation (maybe 20mins) caused some kind of strain?

The anxiety is killing me !

• Posted

Has a doctor said you have swollen nodes?  Masturbating for 20 minutes or longer shouldn't cause a problem.  In your position, I think I'd be more worried about anxiety than HIV.

• Posted

Yes I had a ultrasound that said the growing was very slightly swollen.  I had bad dermitis on my feet at the time. 

I wondered if masterbation with a condom on for so long had caused epipitimiys or similar. 

• Posted

Swollen nodes aren't unusual, and could just be a sign of a cold or sore throat.

Masturbating with a condom on is unusual, but I don't see how it would cause a problem unless the rubber is moving up and down the penis (which isn't what's supposed to happen - they're designed to stay in place).  Even then, it would probably only result in friction injury rather than infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.