Dehydration

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone.  I am five weeks post op. And have had lots of up a and downs.  Doing really well though.  Just thought I would share my experience today.  Went to physio. In the morning and by the afternoon I felt so exhausted I  kept  lying down.  Suddenly realised that I hadn't drunk any water all day.  Two huge glasses of water and half hour later and I was a new woman.  Can't stress enough how important it is to keep hydrated.  

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue someone mentioned this yest and I didnt realise it also helps with the stiffness in your muscles. I dont think I drink enough??? but doesnt it make you forever need the loo????
  • Posted

This is true, drink , drink, drink and I also had water tabs and my loo is upstairs!!!!!!! redfacehad to set out at least 5 mins beforehand just in case.   So I had glasses of water in the bedroom, near the computer....which is thankfully upstairs.
  • Posted

Thanks for the advice. I too didn't realise the importance of drinking plenty of water. Started yesterday and did need the loo more but I'm sure the benefits outweigh the need for the loo more so willl try and drink as many glasses as I can!!! ☺️☺️☺️
  • Posted

Dehydration can be quite dangerous, so you should get into the habit of drinking at least two litres of water each day, whether this be just water or water in drinks such as tea fruit or fruit drinks - it is imposrtant.
  • Posted

I always found that I got very tired travelling, especially on long train journeys.  I didn't drink much, as didn't want to abandon my seat to go to the loo.  I realised that it was dehydration, and when I drank a glass of water when I got home I perked up pretty quickly.
  • Posted

I fix myself a gallon jug of water in the morning and drink it through out the day.  This works best for me as I know how much I've had.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.