Dehydration and thirst upon waking plz help

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ladies im new here im 38 going to be 39 in a few months. ive been waking up with extreme thirst, dehydration and anxiety for almost a year now. DRs think im crazy my blood tests are normal except sometimes my electrolytes show dehydration even though i drink plenty of fluids! i only get these symptoms upon waking. i get thirsty, anxious chills feeling hot and fatigue. is anyone going through this and how do you manage?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Monique, welcome! Do you wake up sweaty or sweat through the night? Take any meds? It could be very dry in your room? That is usually why I am dry mouth, dehydrated. Mine is from night sweats and I also take a medication for migraine..,dehydration/dry mouth is a side effect. I eat an apple in the morning and always keep hard candy around. I am 41...started peri symptoms at 38. I get flushed, then chills, also fatigue is an ongoing issue for me.

• Posted

hi there thank you for your quick response! im not on any meds and once in awhile i wake up sweaty. i try to have my thermostat set at 71. how do you know if its dry in the room and how do you fix it?

• Posted

Hi! If your nose/throat feel dry in the a.m....or if you get a lot of electric shocks, dry skin. It happens in the winter when we have the heat on. I have a small humidifier by my bed to add a little moisture to the air, some of them you can add essential oils too. I keep the house at 65 and I still get sweaty! Then other days I am freezing.

• Posted

im an exactly the same...sometimes i feel as if i need a fire hose down my neck...like you, there is nothing wrong with me but i think it id due to our metabolism changing when hormone level drops...if i drink to much water before bedtime ill be up peeing through the night. in the uk i feel there is not enough known about menapause and how it affects women...but you are not alone with the thirst and furry mouth during the night and first thing am...you are not alone. try not to worry...your body is transitioning and trying to adjust to all the changes ....CK

• Posted

thank you how encouraging! i hate the feeling of extreme thirst its a horrible feeling.

• Posted

Hi Monique I've been waking up with extreme anxiety and also get very fatigue. The fatigue kust comes over me out the blue. It happens sometimes after eating. Can you describe your fatigue?

• Posted

They are a little bit expensive to run, but have you thought about a humidifier? They make small ones you could put on a bedside table or near the bed.

My house gets so dry in the winter, I can hang my laundry and it is ready to fold in less time than if I put it in the dryer! Are you in a new home this winter? 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.