Dehydration. Please can someone help?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone. So fed up at the moment. I still don't think I can get my head round the fact I may never feel well again. I'm still trying to find a reason for all the as bizarre symptoms,and maybe there isn't one. I'm really ,really struggling now with dehydration

Im drinking plenty but I don't seem to be absorbing it. 

Last week I was so convinced I had diabetes ( dried out eyes,throat etc my hair and skin drying.Headache all the time and numbness in extremities and stupidly tired and couldn't think straight)I went to lloyds pharmacy ( they were brilliant) after lots of checks and questions they tested me. I wasn't diabetic ,but my sugar levels were higher than they should be. They asked me to do a fasting test ,the levels were the same,higher than they should be but definitely not diabetic. I have also been tested in the past or sojoins ( sorry if it's spelt wrong) . No one seems interested once those two diagnoses are removed. I feel awful and you just have to get on with it! It's like being a medical detective trying to figure out what to do.

So a few questions please,I'd be so grateful for any guidance 

Has anyone else had this problem?

could the fact I have highest blood sugar make me feel like I have diabetes, as fibro seems to magnify everything?

Finally how do you cope feeling like this all the time,when it seems the only hope you have is to figure things out for yourself? And I haven't managed that!

Thank you x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know anything about the high blood sugar but I go through phase with weird patches of REALLY dry skin. Lotions do little but do help over time. As far as getting to a good point with fibro, its a journey. Have you tried to talk to a counselor and see if an antidepressant would be useful? Depression is a big symptom for fibro sufferers and that only makes you feel ever more less of a person. I have gone through it perhaps 4 times in my 15 years with fibro. It goes away but when its there its very important to treat it. You will also find happiness in other activities and hobbies... Hell I am still smiling because a nurse yesterday apologized for have to take my BP because she knew it hurt those with fibro! I thanked her for knowing that, my rheumatologist's nurse doesn't even know that!!!

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I do realise that you have to make the most of things and I do try. I think I can handle the pain part of this much more easily than the exhaustion, brain fog and headaches. When I don't have" head symptoms" I can handle things.

Thanks again.

• Posted

I too don't know about dealing with high BP but everything else is familiar. The headaches are new for me and I think I'm getting these because of the stress I'm having at work. I agree counselling can be good, and definitely some hobbies to keep you preoccupied. With dehydration I get horrible mouth that I crave sweet things but I am trying so hard not to give in. Stress aggravates all our fibromyalgia symptoms so we have to deal with those first. Keep smiling x

• Posted

Hi Lilly, 

Ok that’s weird cause I have fibro for 3 years and lately my skin, eyes and hair are all drying up. I am always tired and I can never think straight or remember things. I don’t know about my sugars purely because I put all my symptoms down to fibromyalgia. 

I am now thinking if it could possibly be another sign of fibro considering you have those symptoms too? High blood sugar levels questions my theory because Iv never heard of fibro causing that because it’s meant to be a central nerve system  Illness! So strange. 

Sorry I’m not much help hun but I will keep an eye on this comment to see if anyone else has a solution cause iv the same but don’t know about my sugar levels

• Posted

Hi Victoria, Thanks for replying. I wasn't thinking that fibro was causing the symptoms, I honestly thought I might have diabetes. I was wondering if ,because of the fibro, I could possibly getting the symptoms much worse( let's face it everything's worse with this) even though I don't have diabetes, just blood sugar that is at risk of it. Hope that makes sense? If its the fibro it is just a few more symptoms to add to the list! Thanks Victoria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.