Dehydration weight loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently dropped 10# rather unexpectedly. My BP was really high, and after 2 Dr visits and a trip to the ER, I found out that I was dehydrated and had a UTI, along with anxiety. My question is, how long before the hydration shows back up on the scales? I seem to have leveled out, but no gain and I'm eating good.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Drinking water is one of the easiest ways to turn up your fat-burning capacity. I cannot say that drinking water alone will cause weight loss; however, if you are eating a perfect diet, but are dehydrated, you will lose less weight. When your body is dehydrated it cannot burn fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.