Delay union of tibia after 21weeks , kindly advice me what should I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , I am 24 yrs male I underwent nailing operation for my Tibia fracture on July 2017 . It's been 5 months but still I found delay in healing. Kindly advice me what I should do.?!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sentyl I'm sorry you are finding that you have a non healing fracture, I'm 18 months and also no healing, have you had xrays or MRI to confirm this, have they checked for low vitamin D and calcium, have you had a dexa scan to see if you have low bone density.

• Posted

Thank you Alex for your reply,

I had xray last week , doctor suggested me to do Bone marrow aspiration for delay union . But I feel no pain at fractured area . I can able to walk without pain , I can able to do cycling etc,.. So am bit confused to do Bone marrow procedure , because this looks quite costly ~(Rs. 1 lakh). Is there any other way to stimulate bone joining?

• Posted

Hi I'm not completely sure what to advise, my consultant has told me to weight bear to stimulate healing, have you considered seeing a different surgeon to ask advice, is the bone healthy do you know

• Posted

No Alex, I have to check different surgeon. My confusion is I could able to do all my activities without any pain at fractured leg. But, my consultant asking me to do BMAC. Any how I will check with different surgeon .

Thank you so much Alex for your advice.

• Posted

I had a lot of tests and was put on high dose vitamin D, I am waiting for another bone scan and will see if that has helped, if not I'm not sure what the next step will be, I'm thinking you have been told same to weight bear, what have they said would be ultimate time to leave it to heal in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.