Delayed muscle Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

My Pravastatin was increased to 40 in December and Zetia was added in January. Everything's been fine til now! All of a sudden I have muscle pain and tenderness everywhere! I'm exhausted and dont feel like moving. Has anyone else had a delayed reaction? I worry about rhabdomyolysis.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to your gp and discuss this and also research about the side effects of this.  I was on Simvastatin and felt unwell like you and didn’t put two and two together until six months in muscle wastage made my rotator cuff cause impingement and calcium deposits, calf cramps, muscle wastage in legs and I felt very ill,  I came off the meds and I haven’t been back on them.  I don’t know your history so it’s hard to say to you as if you have had a heart problem you would be advised to be on it.  I tried diet and exercise but I think I produce too much cholesterol.  I had the C K protein test done for Rab but it was fine.  Discuss this with your gp you could ask for the blood test and also the CRP test for inflammation.  The problem you are talking about is rare though and one symptom is dark yellow urine.
  • Posted

Sorry I got told that with some meds they take a while to build up in your system with me it took six months for things to kick off I felt fine for a month or two. Maybe ask about reducing the dose.

• Posted

hi i thought it was just me,i was okay for a couple of months and then doctor upped my dosage and a few months on i get aches and pains everywhere,including bad stomach pain ,gets you down after a while,o and did i forget to mention having no energy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.