Delayed Pap results-Over A YEAR! Now results from VA Ultrasound are concerning

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 50 year old women who has suffered with terrible periods for the last 10 years including excessive bleeding, cramping-lower back pain, bleeding in between periods. I was just recently notified of an abnormal pap (not abnormal for me) from April 2017, a year and 3 months after my PAP was done. The pap results stated-EPITHELIAL CELL ABNORMALITY-ATYPICAL GLANDULAR CELLS-Rare group.

I was immediately brought into my gyno office the next morning and they performed a colposcopy and endometrial biopsy, I was then sent to get an VA ultrasound. 

I have received the ultrasound results which shows: The endometrial stripe measures 1 cm in thickness. There is nonspecific echogenic focus located eccentrically within the upper endometrial canal, hypoechoic relative to the endometrial stripe, measuring approximately 1.5 x 0.7 cm (image 17408) with no definite internal color Doppler flow. A uterine fibroid with a submucosal component measures 1.6 x 1.9 x 1.7 cm. There is trace free fluid in the cul-de-sac.

I do not have the results of the biopsy yet. 

I AM beyond p****d. I have suffered for a long time without relief-thinking that all this crap was just peri-menopausal stuff and i needed to just deal. 

This doesn't look good to me, and the more research I do, the more i get upset. The caveat is i switched gyno's a while back (7 years?) because my former Doc discounted my symptoms of having to change a super plus tampon within 15 minutes...

Any advice, any thoughts. 

Ann B 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well, you got a lot going on there for sure and I'm amazed that they failed to inform you in a timely fashion of your pap results.  AGC's can be anything from nothing to benign stuff and sometimes precancer or cancer.  I would say that your fibroid is responsible for your excessive bleeding and the fibroid and bleeding can cause an AGC pap result too.  Wait to see what your final results are from the biopsy but I bet that fibroid is the culprit in all.  Did they get a sample of your cervix during colpo for any bad cells there?  Best of luck to you and keep us informed!

• Posted

Thanks Yvonne, that was really helpful. My endometrial biopsy came back negative for cancer- but did show CIN2 possibly 3. I had LEEP done 2 weeks ago (still waiting on those results) but I do have to have a hysterectomy because of the placement of the fibroid...fun times...
    • Posted

Yvonne also are you okay now after all of this have you had the cells removed?
  • Posted

Yvonne I am going thru the same thing you are. Only difference is I'm 39 and have been having a pap swear for the last 4 years to be abnormal and within that time my gyno only done 1 biopsy on me besides just yesterday doing another after he found out I have a fibroid tumor and he going have to do a endometriosis surgery on me soon. why I'm so p****d is that every year I had been asking this guy do I need a biopsy and his reply always no. So now he finds a spot on my cervix which will going take 1 week for the results. I just doesn't know what wrong with these doctors why can't they just do their job and stop playing with our lives. But I am so glad to know about this site to talk to other women dealing with our issues. Take care and I will pray for us both about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.