Delayed rash at site of yellowjacket sting

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was stung once on the leg by a yellowjacket 8 days ago. Within a couple of days I couldn't really even see any evidence of being stung, but it continued to itch. Yesterday I noticed that I have a rash that is warm to the touch around the site of the sting (roughly 4 inches in diameter). It's not centered on the sting site -- the sting was just below the inside of my knee (extreme upper calf), and the rash starts there and goes down my leg. I noticed it immediately after mowing the lawn in 80+ degrees, which was probably the first time I really broke a good sweat since I was stung. Could the sweat have caused the rash at the sting site? Is this normal, or is there reason for me to see a doctor?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.