delete personal discussion

Posted , 5 users are following.

How can I delete a discussion that has had no replies?

yes it was long winded and doesn't really ask a question.

i'm really unhappy at the moment I am wishing I could just go to sleep and die. I am scared of seeing my Gp on Wednesday I just don't know what to say to him. There is nothing he can actually do. I have had 2 weeks over Christmas when I was happier than I have been for a long time but last Sunday I went down with a bang the only change was my son went back to His RAF base where he has been since March.

i have been having sex with my husband but have not had any enjoyment at all since Sept when my medication changed, I have Just been going through the motions for him.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Do you want me to reply so you can delete it?

What is the cause of this unhappy feeling?

• Posted

i really wish I knew., it may be because my son has gone back to his base in Oxfordfollowing Christmas break,  but he actually left home in March.

Another reason is my hubby he is so opionated and such a hoarder it really gets to me. If I challenge him he will turn things round and say about  my stuff which is a fraction of his. I know he does not like to go through things to throw away he just puts his stuff in bags and says he will sort it but several years later it is still there.. At times I feel like leaving him but this is such a pathetic excuse coz he is so good in other ways.

As regards deleting my own post I have no idea how to I have tried all sorts but nothing has come up with do you wish to delete. I will probably just leave it there.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better

• Posted

Hello Dianne, Please talk to your GP on Weds explain how you feel, it sounds like your suffering depression. Have you had any Counselling or talking therapies. I am sorry you didn't get any replies, I cannot explain why. I reply to many and at the moment i have a couple that i am trying to support. Please don't delete your post and try to stay with the forum.

Best wishes

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth, I have had a long history of depression and chronic anxiety, although i don't really agree with the anxiety, I never have panick attacks although I do worry but not to the extent I cannot function. I've had counselling when at work 21/2 years ago (took voluntary redundancy). 12 months ago I had a course of CBT which did help at the time.

Sept my GP changed my antidepressants I know i haven't stabilised yet  only been on Venlafaxine 6 weeks and current dose for 4 weeks.

i do try and keep myself busy but at the moment all I feel I want to do is cry although I don't. I just feel ill but cannot say in what way. Upto yesterday I was feeling quite well. Had ups and downs but didn't feel ill.

i have respondd to several discussions.

hopefully tomorrow I will feel betteR.

• Posted

Hi Dianne, It maybe that the meds need more time to stablise in your body or to try new meds. I am very low at the  moment and wanted to cry for weeks. I did finally cry new years eve and today. It helps to release tensions. Speak with GP. Good luck.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

Hi Diane, please go see your doctor. It sounds like your meds are not working and your doc needs to know! And you need better ones! Don't give up. I tried 7 or 8 until I found the one that works...(this was over several years so don't panic lol)
    • Posted

Sorry I meant to say the years on medication not the years off it 
  • Posted

This seems to be the problem with the meds as they can lift us for a while then we crash again also they do affect our sex drive that's for sure. I won't go into a relationship because of that and it makes me so sad because I so lonely on my own. I'm not saying that sex is everything but the problem is that if I was to go into a relationship what would she think if I wasn't able to make love to her. I would expect she would think I was cheating on her and having sex with someone else so it just wouldn't work out. I stopped my meds nearly 5 weeks ago and still no desire for sex so I'm now worried that the years off medication have damaged me forever. Ps I hope you don't mind me talking about that as its all a bit personal and your a lady and I'm a man and I hope that what I have said has not made you embarrest or anything 
    • Posted

You could still have a relationship with someone who understands. Afterall, there are people in relationships with people with diabetes, cancer, arthritis, etc, etc, and they have issues too...same with us. You just have to find someone who knows what is going on smile
    • Posted

Also, what does your doc say about sex drive? i bet there is something you could take for that, or do for that
    • Posted

The trouble is that as soon as I mention I have issues with depression it frightens them off, this has happened so many times to me and left me Broken hearted I just can't cope with that happening again. I have not told my doc about it yet but I have done my own research into it and found out that it can be permanent because the years off meds can affect our adrenal glands and the adrenal glands effect our hormones and our hormones effect our desire for sex so it's all a bit worrying really 
    • Posted

Please still talk to your doc and maybe a  sex counsellor or other therapist...remember we can do research but they have years and years of schooling. It's worth a try smile
    • Posted

No I am not embarrassed. I had a healty sexual  relationship with my hubby it wasn't every night  we may even go a few weeks but I did enjoy the experience. Now I get no pleasure what so ever, but he still has a desire. Whether I will be able to tell my GP i don' know. I have just gone through the menopause but I still thought I should get some pleasure.

this is the first time I have ever discussed my sex life, i couldn't do it with my friends and I find it very hard to talk to my hubby, I just feel so embarrassed thinking about talking face to face with someone.

• Posted

not mentioned it to my Dr whether I will have the courage on Wed i don' know.
    • Posted

Yes I know what you mean it's not the most easy thing to talk about is it? I know I will find it hard to talk to my doc about as my docs a woman and what's makes it even more difficult is the fact that I fancy her lol. 
    • Posted

DOH!

I'm pretty meds reduce the strength our body chemicals produce for certain situations. same way as panadol does for pain.

Sex requires a big strength of chemicals to sort out some of the functions so thats why sex is no good with the meds. dammit.

diane. suggest you do the Doctor thing the 3rd party way.. bring in this forum and other notes about sex drive or whatever and then say "hey I think this is an issue with me as well" 1. It already explains to the doc for you without you having to come up with the words. 2. redirects the request from personal to Doc and you collaborating on a written document.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.