Deleted!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Do you ever feel as though having a horrible illness is deleting the person that you were? I do but I'm growing new skin and it seems to be a bit tougher.

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Learning about herbs makes me stronger.
    • Posted

Whatever works ... I'm for anything that keep us strong and positive.

i take a lot of herbs. Not sure they all help but some I know have helped with certain issues. 

• Posted

Not deleted.  I have grown into again a stronger person through illness.  But I must admit that it was a road of deep valleys at times.  
    • Posted

Great attitude.. Stay positive and it can elevate mood to feel better.
    • Posted

Yes I only feel as though my life's been deleted sometimes; thankfully I can still be upbeat and positive a lot of the time. razz
  • Posted

Not sure that I understand your post. If you could expand on it I shall try to contribute to a discussion.
    • Posted

Sometimes it feels as though my life is on hold or well that the old energetic me is gone, but I know there's a hope of recovery. I posted the topic in a down moment to get some encouragement. I feel much better about life at the moment. 
  • Posted

Yes I know what you mean. Life changes. It's how we adjust to our illness and remember that we are doing our best each day! 

I have aver learned to pace myself and do most everything differently, there are many options to learning a different lifestyle with illness.

i was very athletic and could did so many things I can only dream of doing now. Yet I have no regrets and am glad that I had the opportunity to do all the many things then that my body now cannot do!

its very difficult without support at home. Some have it others do not.

Yet there is always someone out there worse off than I am who is an inspiration for me to adjust & accept my limitations as life moves on . 

• Posted

As I said in a reply above I can be upbeat and positive most of the time, but those times when I get down are hard to bear, as I'm sure you know. I don't have support at home and this is part of the problem. I rarely go out and life seems just static but I'm studying for a degree and so I have a goal, which really helps! Thanks for your encouraging reply.
    • Posted

Happy to add my encouragement too! I guess we're all dealing with different things but have this common bond of looking for solace and encouragement through whatever it is. I'm happy to share my various diagnosi (what is the correct plural?) and to hear about what you others are all dealing with. I seem to have autoimmunity. Its started with my thyroid, then I got Lichen Sclerosus (inflammation of the labia - lovely but I want the freedom to say it here please!!) and joint stiffness. Am I fighting off Ankylosing Spondylitis? I am taking bone broth and eschewing any steroids and actually think I'm improving! How are each of you?
    • Posted

I missed this one over a year ago. Hope you're still here. I've been on the Ketogenic low carb high fat diet and I've been making bone broth, coconut flour and psyllium husk bread and other things. It's a great, healing diet!

How are you doing? I've never heard of inflammation of the labia before. eek I suppose anything can get inflammed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.