Delirious thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please bear with me.::. I’m currently high as a kite on painkillers so what I am about to put is the truth I guess ..... the days I struggle... I use stupid amounts of caffeine which can’t be good for me but i have too so I can do anything...I have no quality of life and am depressed... why can’t we be prescribed some sort of stimulant obviously under a doctors supervision ??? The uk had nothing like this 😔

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Stimulants can be very bad for many of us with ME/CFS. I think it has to do with their effect on the adrenals, which are impacted by ME/CFS. Many people crash if they drink coffee or use any kind of stimulant. For me, I can't drink coffee, but I am sometimes helped by dark chocolate or tea.

• Posted

Coffee and caffeine are really bad for you when you have CFS. You’re running on FALSE ENERGY. Your body is reacting to a substance. When you have CFS your adrenals are very weak. In the end you’ll make your condition worse. 

I also have CFS but keeping a clean diet (no processed foods, lots of veggies) really made me feel so much better (I recently started eating junk again and I’m back at square one but am now back on that diet). I was sleeping all night. I had fatigue yes... but only until 4-5pm. After that I actually had energy to do things to the point I didn’t feel sick. My nausea went away. My pain went away. And I’m certain if I w So you can have a better life but you need to give your body what it needs rather than what you want. 

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say I’m certain if I would’ve continued with my diet , eventually I would’ve healed. I’ve watched videos of people of what healed themselves of CFS with a very clean diet and staying stress free and away from toxic products. So it is possible. 
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, Please be careful as this can further damage your adrenal glands, and completely burn you out. Light yoga and stretching helps and taking care of your mental and physical self . Truly i know its awful to lose so much capacity ,but stimulants are not the answer. <3 Guava

• Posted

Yeah coffee and chocolate wack me out and keep me up for hours. But i recently saw something of a new medicine for MECFS that included Ritalin and a supplement for mitochondria?? Will be interesting to find out as Ritalin is a stimulant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.