Delusional while drinking alcohol?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am an 18 year old girl and I have been told that when I drink with friends I become delusional after I have had a few drinks. Apparently I think I'm at work and I start to do my job right there. I work at a ham store and it is my job to sell hams and to deal with calls about ordering one. So when I'm drinking I think I'm at work and I start calling people telling them it's time to come pick up their ham. I will sometimes hold the phone up to my ear not even calling anyone and I will have a full conversation with nobody at all. I will just be talking to myself. It will randomly happen throughout the night and sometimes I just get in this mode where I just "know" I'm at work and I think my friends are customers picking up their hams. After it happens I don't remember any of it, but I do remember other parts of the night so it's not like I drank so much that I forgot everything. Any idea what this could be?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi emarie21,

you may have some sort of mood disorder so i would get checked out by a professional.

richard

• Posted

Yeah, I'd take that one to a doctor straight away. 
  • Posted

If you are real...get real... DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL.

At  eighteen, realise that it is not for you.

• Posted

Make a appointment with your Doctor and be honest with him.
  • Posted

I agree with the others...no drinking and also do go and see your doctor. You are very young and you can change this before it gets out of control. All the best from Robin
  • Posted

Hi,

Ha ha, I'm bound to get moderated for this but I think you're a hamaholic. Very hamusing though.

• Posted

emarie...alcohol messes with our brains. We are all wired differently and different things happen when we put alcohol in our bodies.  I agree with everyone else...that this seems to be some type of mental illness that when you drink alcohol it intensifies the mental illness.

​It is also possible to be an alcoholic at age 18.  I was an alcoholic at age 17 and I knew it.  I didn't drink like everyone my age...I couldn't stop when they did.  I wanted to party all night long.  So you have a couple of things going on. It could very easily get to the point that you actually DO call customers and end up losing your job sad.  Please tell someone - can you talk to your Mom or Dad?

• Posted

I didn't know I was an alcoholic at 17 but I should have known because like you my drinking was different to my friends
    • Posted

I think I knew because my mother was a Nurse and I spent lots of time reading medical literature and my parents always referred to my Grandma as an alcoholc...so I looked it up....I still remember where I was sitting when I read the description of alcoholism.  I read it was progressive and thought..well, I have plenty of time before that. Time flys.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.