Dense floater and black dot

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had cataract surgery in 2018 on my left eye and all went well with good vision now this past May 2022 when I was on vacation i noticed a floater in my left eye while I was driving This is not like a normal floater that you would see when you stare at a light background and see some squiggly shape This is more like a cluster of somewhat straight lines concentrated in a small area in the upper left quadrant of my vision but it's visible in any small amount of light like in the morning with the eye closed I can still see the floater moving around as I move my eye

I would say it's about the size of a grain of rice in the field of vision not sure how else I could measure it It's most bothersome when I am driving and check my side view mirror and than look forward the floater comes right in the center of my vision for split second before moving back to the normal position

Anyone have these kind of floaters ?

I am guessing there is not much that can be done about this ?

Anther problem I noticed more recently although this is more temporary than the floater is when I look at the white background on the computer screen sometime I see a tiny black dot but this one moves with the eye so it doesn't behave like the floater so I am not sure what that is The dot is very small maybe a little smaller than the dot in the "i" but it seems to disappear or at least I don't see it after a few minutes

Any of these problem have anything to do with the cataract surgery after 4 years or is this more like part of aging or problem unrelated to anything

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.