Dent in abdomen from gallbladder surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

I had gallbladder surgery 3 weeks ago, with no complications afterwards. I have noticed since there is a dent where one of the wounds are, just under the breastbone. I'm just wondering did this happen to people after they had surgery and will it go way once healed? I'm thinking it could be internal stitches maybe?!

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its an internal stitch mine took about 5 weeks to go
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Sophie, I was thinking that too.. glad it goes away! It's very strange looking!

• Posted

seems wounds takes a bit of time to heal. did you removed gb for stones or low function ? what symptoms you had before removing gb? and how do you feel now?
    • Posted

I have a a follow up appointment next month to know everything. I had a scan in November and it confirmed that the gallbladder was full with stones, and chronic inflammation. I had symptoms since August, the symptoms were chronic pain, the only way I can describe it is that I thought I was having a heart attack.. the pain was awful to the point you think your going to pass out. I was on good pain relief but I'd have to take a lot for it to actually hit the pain in some way. It went to the stage I could only eat plain potatoes and boiled chicken and veg.. nothing else as it would bring on an attack in the space of 1-6 hours. No dairy high fats, breads nothing. I lost 3 stone in weight so I'm now trying to put weight back on. Surgery was February 15th. As soon as I woke from Surgery I felt the difference. I'm eating away as normal again, with no issues. No pain or discomfort. So if you have issues with it, definitely get it seen to, it's the worst pain I've ever gone through. My overall health had improved now. Big difference.

• Posted

good to know you are doing great and helps some folks who are on sidelines!

I have history of gastritis and gallstones.Not removed the gb so far. For past 2 weeks , i'm having severe bloating and i need to burp a lot to get rid of the bloating and lot of acid reflux at night.No appetite. It is very tough to understand this is causing by gastritis in  stomach or the gallbladder with stones.I dont have pain, but a severe bloated stomach where i need to burp a lot to get rid of acidity. Do you also had severe bloating when you had symptoms ? Appreciate your response.

• Posted

hello I dont know if you will see this since it's been 3 years but I was wondering if you ended up getting your gallbladder out because your comment sounds like the exact same thing I just went through and I just had my gallbladder taken out last night!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.