Dental Abcess

Posted , 2 users are following.

So basically toothache started and got so bad i went to the hospital and he said i had an infection and to book an appointment at dentist so i booked a "checkup" and went and they confirmed this and arranged for the tooth to be extracted. The issue is this appointment is 3months later due to them being so booked up (i've tried 5 places.) earliest is 3months. (Im taking 500mg three times a day of amoxicillin as told) Im also taking ibuprofen and paracetimol at the same 8 hour intervals because the pain is so bad i cant sleep or eat and just feel like complete crap 24/7 and im out of idea's of what i can do unless adding more tablets to the mix would help because the dentist cant do anything neither can the hospital so..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dave, Just phone around dentists, if you pay someone will take it out today, otherwise just go to accident and emergency and say you cant stand the pain anymore, I had a tooth out 3 weeks ago for the same reason so know how you are feeling.
  • Posted

Yeah, going to emergency is a good option since they can give you some antibiotics, and take the full dose the entire duration.  In the states there's all kinds of places that will do emergency tooth extractions almost any day of the week except maybe Sunday, if your regular dentist can't do it immediately.  Doesn't sound like that's the case there, but maybe there's a dental school student willing to do it there or something.  Here there's a toothache remedy at the drug store by Red Cross for toothaches.  It's in a really small box and runs about $3, and it works.  It's actually clove oil and it helps with pain immediately and a little more each time you use it (about every fifteen minutes). You put it on and around the tooth.  I think it helps with infection too so that probably helps alleviate the pain as well as you continue to use it.  Also google oil of oregano since it's supposed to help by killing off infection.  Clove oil toothache relief should work right away but you have to continue to use it.  Oil of oregano supposably starts to work after a day or so but is more effective at killing infection long-term.  I know two different people who have used the oil of oregano to kill infection and it worked for them and they swear by it, but it's a bit pricey.  Maybe a combination of the two might get your infection at bay where it's tolerable but your best best is a doctor or dentist.  Good luck
    • Posted

I've tried clove oil it sooths the pain for about 2minutes then the pain continues I've also been to 3 emergency dentists and they claim they just don't have any spaces left for 2+ months and not sure on the other thing but i will check it out, thanks for the help smile
    • Posted

where in the country do you live? I live in the south of England and did not have a problem, my problem was they could not take it out until antibiotics had started to work, then the pain is not so bad, I really find it hard to believe that the dentists wont take !5 mins of time to take it out for you as I know how bad the pain is, good luck.
    • Posted

Sommerset, And i called the same place yesterday and they had a free 10minute spot to work on my tooth, and that turned into 35 minutes and a tooth less smile i also have 14 stichs on my gums now lol so i hope within 1/2 weeks it feels alot better (:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.