dental abscess and ulcers

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there I have a dental abscess under a double tooth that had been filled. The dentist said it had died! he says now extraction is the only thing. I am on antibiotics for the infection and hope to have it removed on Friday. Did anyine else think this is the best option-could it be saved and have a crown? I have a tooth missing beyond that one too! It is so painful-now I have lots of ulcers all along the gum.Anyone else get this.

Thanks Dawn x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Bonjela will clear up these ulcers and help with the pain, Im not a master of dentistry but surely this tooth can have a root canal/s to save it? Im not sure which tooth youre on about, a top / bottom 1 / 2 / 3 molar? smile

I hate my teeth :x Id have it out then theres no more pain ever :lol: Ive got two myself ready to come out but Im putting it off to be honest :?

• Posted

Hi thanks Dr Spock

Don't want to risk having another abscess-had loads of infections in this tooth-its a double one at the bottom. My dentist is NHS so that could be why he can't be bothered to do alot of work! Using loads of beonjela-is it the infection causing these then-i tought it was the drill-it had no cooling system on and it burnt my tongue.

Thanks NIgela x

• Posted

Hi Nigela

It rather sounds as if your tooth is beyond repair - particularly as you have had several infections in it over the years. Possibly a private dentist may try root canal treatment (a nice little earner!) - but it's quite likely that this would eventually prove unsuccessful and ultimately have to be removed. Also, crowns can only be fitted on teeth that have healthy roots, otherwise it would be a complete waste of money. As for your ulcers, my own dentist maintains that Bonjela is only of any use to babies - there are several really good products that have recently come off prescription only - your pharmacist will recommend one. They may well have been caused by careless dentistry. Hope all goes well for you and do let us know how you get on.

Katie

do let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Bonjela only any use to babies??? The stuffs brilliant and you can buy it from the corner shop :D Yeah these ulcers are probably caused by the stretching of the gum and your tongue due to inflamation, or where the puss made it to the surface, a burn is plausable smile You could just have salt water mouthwashes to be honest, a drop of TCP even smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.