Dental abscess i have a question

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have an abscess on my gum but its higher than how other people say its between their gum line and tooth. Mine is more on the center of the gum. Anyways I went to my dentist almost 3 to 4 weeks ago and they gave me penisillin vk 500 mg i believe, but when i went i guess my abscess "popped" before i went and they gave me that. I finished my antibiotics but it's still there with pus its not big just a little bump and i haven't gone since then. Should ibe concerned? And aslo i was wondering if it is still congious. Can i live a normal life like sharing drinks or kissing maybe? Please respond thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HEY JUNIOR ALWAYS MOUTH WASH EVERY DAY AFTER MEALS AND ALSO WHEN YOU CAN  ,,, DENTAL ABCESS ARE NOT CONTAGIOUS , IF THIS STILLS HAS SOME PUS OR WHITE SPOT THEN ITS STILL INFECTION , JUST KEEP EYE ON IT AND KEEP MOUTH MATICULOUS CLEAN,, IF SWELLING OCCURS ,, RUN TO DENTIST OR PAIN  ,, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BRUSH SUPER HARD TO MAKE GUM BLEED SO INFECTION CAN COME OUT OF SWOLLEN GUM,, ARE YOU SURE YOU DONT NEED ROUTE CANAL OR ONE WAS DONE RECENTLY BECAUSE EVENTUALLY ROUTE CANALS GO BAD ,, SOME LAST MANY YEARS ,, I GOT IMPLANTS ,, WHEN DONE CORRECTLY THEY ARE AWESOME ... IF U HAVE ANY INFECTION ITS FROM EITHER BONE LOSS OR TOOTH BAD 
    • Posted

Ok thanks! And yes i did have a root canal done about 3 or 4 years ago but they messed up on it so that might be the case and bone loss too and im going to get that root canal fixed but the abscess is one tooth in front can that still be the problem?
    • Posted

A XRAY BY A GOOD DENTIST CAN REVEAL YOUR PROBLEM ,  THE PUS PIMPLE OR SPOT IS LIKE A ROUTE THE PUS TAKES TO DRAIN,, IT FORMS UNDER A BAD ROUTE CANAL OR BAD ROUTE OF THE TOOTH , MAYBE THE TOOTH NEXT TO ROUTE CANAL IS GOING BAD ALSO ,,, GO GET A XRAY ,,IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THE DENTIST GET AWAY FROM HIM OR HER 
    • Posted

Ok then but hey i did what you said when you said brush my gum really hard, i did and im not sure if the pus came out but i just started bleeding a lot from the abscess is that good or bad? And i used mouth wash after should i be good? And should i get a new toothbrush or what do i do?
    • Posted

LISTEN ,, MAKING IT BLEED WILL PUSH OUT THE PUS AND IT BLEEDING WILL IN MY OPINION IS GOOD ,, BUT DONT OVER BRUSH ,, LET YOUR GUMS HEAL NOW   TAKE SOME WARM SALT WATER GARGLE AND LEAVE THE GUMS ALONE ,, AS I SAID IF ITS NOT INFECTED IT WILL STOP OOZING PUS ,, SEE  A GOOD QUALIFIED DENTIST ,, I AM NOT A DENTIST ,, JUST SOMEONE WHOS HAD THIS TROUBLE COUPLE OF TIMES ,,, USUALY ANTIBIOTICS CLEAR INFECTION ,,,BUT IT WILL COME BACK AND SOONER THAN U THINK , THATS WHY REOCCURING PUS SPOTS ARE INDICATIONS OF TOOTH ABCESS OR GUM PROBLEMS ,, IF THEY REMOVE TOOTH ,,THE PUS DISAPPEARS SHPORTLY 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.