Dental abscess nightmare. Advice needed

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a dental abscess above my front tooth & nothing will seem to get rid of it! Had my tooth cleaned out twice, on metronidazole and amoxicillin but still nothing. Had my second root canal yesterday (first part of it) but overnight the lump just seems to have got bigger this time not filled with pus but fleshy material. I am so sick of this as I have had it over a month & I'm really scared that I will need my tooth out as it's a front one it will look awful. It's really getting me down. Any advice?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, did u get this sorted yet, have had the same thing for a while now
  • Posted

Please let me know if you are ok now. I'm in exactly the same boat now sad( desperately worried .com 
    • Posted

Did you gt sorted Maddielush? I'm now in the same boat -it's excrutiating sad

Did you lose the tooth?

• Posted

If you have a painful pimple like growth that rests on your gums, you need to consult your dentist immediately. This painful growth is called a fistula and is a sign of a bigger infection that leads to it. If not treated immediately, it could worsen!
  • Posted

I am 49years old.  I had a root canal when I was while in my teens.  in my 30's it went bad, got an absess at the end of the root ( molar) near the bone.  turned into bone infection, very painful, I know what you are going through.  Had the root canal re done, they it may come back. It did, twice. The reason is, the inside of the tooth has bumps inside it and they can not really clean it all the way out.  That is the way they described it.  I did not want the tooth pulled. So they drilled a hole into the gums above the tooth, snipped off the end of the root so the stuff couls come out of the root easier. My body has to absorb it.  When it returns, I eat tons of raw garlic, ( it is an antibacterial, kills infection) but it has to be raw. take clove oil, a few drops in water, drink sevaral tablespoons of applecider vinigar every day in water with lemon.  Also take 5 grams of vitamin C every day. 

The infection this deep takes a while to go away even with antibiotics, even longer with nutrition.  Rubbing pure clove oil on your gums and garlic helps, but does not take all the pain away.  I have one right now again, years later and have decreased the swolen pocket in my gum a lot. 

When my imune system gets lot stuff starts to happen, so now I take lots of vitamin C and have cleaned up my nutrition.  

Good luck.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.