Dental Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone ever have problems with toothache when eating? It has happened to me a number of times in the last few weeks. I've taken a spoonful of food (usually hot) and suddenly been beset with incredible toothache, which is so severe that I can't continue to eat until it subsides. I know that it isn't actual toothache as I was experiencing toothache last year and had to go to the dentist. After a thorough check he confirmed that the pain was nothing to do with toothache - the biggest giveaway being that it would come and go randomly, unlike toothache, which is constant. I am therefore wondering whether this is just a another manifestation of Fibro.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm not quite sure if I have fibromyalgia yet. My neurologist seems to think I do. I'm a waiting to see a rheumatologist to also confirm this. Yes, I have major dental pain. I recently underwent a full dental restoration so I know for a fact that the tooth structure it's good. When I told my dentist she took extra X-rays and said there's nothing there. It seems like the pain is more in my upper gum line along the jaw and it can jump from different teeth but more so in these two particular ones. They come and go and throb. I just make sure I and brushing well and will do a salt water rinse for a few days until it stops.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.