Dental problems and chronic fatigue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had any experience of chronic fatigue/ME and chronic infections in their teeth or gums? (I know that some people believe there is a link with amalgam fillings). My dentist told me I had a chronic infection in one tooth, though it wasn't hurting too much, so I have just had the tooth extracted, in preparation for a hip revision in October. Am now wondering if that little infection might be have been helping cause my tiredness, possibly adding to other things. What do you think?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I do have issues with gum infections they seem to come and go, all my teeth are healthy thou with no fillings or rot.. but i do get a lot of nerve pain in my teeth which means i have to have check-ups every 3 months rather than 6 on advise of the doctor due to the CFS.. so my dentist obviously sees a link. As for fatigue and tiredness.. yes any infection will make your CFS symptoms worse .
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. Yes, obvious when I think of it, having an infection bound to add to the mix, like any other challenges to the system. Sorry to hear you get nerve pain in your teeth, that must be horrible, when your teeth are healthy.
    • Posted

Yeah the pain is not good.. get it all over in my body.. skin mucas membranes.. sad Luckily its finally subsided a bit but has taken almost 12months.. still get days where even the wrong noise sets the pain off and that sjust nuts... haha this condition is enough to have you in the nut house  rolleyes
  • Posted

I think it could def add to issues. Have you tried oil pulling?

• Posted

get better results just rinsing with salt water... haha they ran a test here in the uk on a programme a while back to prove it didnt work. besides its totally vile also..  smile
    • Posted

Thanks littleme, have done some research now and seems Corsodyl is more effective.
  • Posted

First thing in the morning get a tea spoon of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth for 10mins.

It's is meant to help remove bacteria from your mouth, don't garcle it though and once your done spit it out.

I really like it I imagen it's nicer than salt water,it makes your teeth so nice and smooth and mins are def getting whiter.

• Posted

Thanks Hannah. Does it have to be coconut oil? I have to confess, I quite like salt water!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.