Dental question post op

Posted , 7 users are following.

My post op date was Aug 15...I made an appointment to get a few cracked teeth pulled tomorrow...I already have the antibiotics...I read somewhere today u have to wait at least 3 months to go to the dentist....I called the doctors office ..I'm waiting to hear from them.....it's only been a little over 2 months since op...what do u think?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

In the UK it seems to not be in effect. I went to the dentist about 4 weeks after my thr and they said nothing about antibiotics. Noy long after have pin and plat put in my collarbone I was told I hdd a serious infection in my gums and needed my wisdom tooth pulledout. Once again no antibiotics. Everything went smoothly and iv been fine since
    • Posted

I'm surprised by no antibiotics.....I don't mind taking them to be extra careful ..wow..it sounds like you've been thru a lot!!

• Posted

They say they havent done things like that for years now haha. And yeah haha, thats not even the half of it 😂 x

• Posted

Wow! I can imagine! At least u r ok!!
    • Posted

If that was for me, thankyou but im very far away from being ok atm haha. But I hope your recovery goes fast and smoothly for you xx
    • Posted

I just wrote u a nice message but it got deleted ..oops..I pray u have a speedy recovery! I'm still limping ...I need to do therapy...

• Posted

Aw...u look so young to have many physical ailments..I'm 37.

• Posted

Aww no haha. Yes, you are still very young yourself. I am 20, i have had 14 surgeries now haha. And my knees and back are under investigation now haha. Yes the limping takes a while to go away, its due to the muscles being so weak. Once they start getting strong the limp will start to ease
    • Posted

Wow! U must be in the Guiness book of world records! I am amazed! U must be a very strong women by now!
    • Posted

I say a prayer/scripture a lot....I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me...Philippians 4:13....I have it on a cheap bracelet....I'm so weak and tired cuz I'm not taking care of myself...I could barely carry the groceries to the 2ND floor

• Posted

Hi Joyce.  I don't remember them saying that, just you have to take pills for 2 years and 1 hour b4 going to dentist

• Posted

I know about the antibiotics...some people's situations are different, I guess .

• Posted

I have not heard that 3 month thing Joyce . Where did you hear that ? I am supposed to go next week as my temporary filling fell out .. Will look

Into it ! Thanks

• Posted

I heard it on a avascular necrosis fb group...just one opinion..my Dr didn't call me back yet..I'll call again...

• Posted

The receptionist called and said I'm clear to go to the dentist tomorrow..I kinda wish she didn't clear me...I dread going there tomorrow...but I don't want to get an infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.