Denture Nightmare

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had to have all my teeth removed nearly four years ago and since then my life has been hell!  My dentist somehow forgot to take impressions of my teeth before removal and I've spent 3 years trying to get dentures that actually function and stop me looking like a troll!  The shape of my face has changed drastically to the point where people I haven't seen for a while comment on how different I look and its never in a positive way.  My self confidence has all but vanish and because of my inability to chew food correctly I have developed bizarre eating behaviours.  I can only eat at home without my dentures and I just want to be normal again but don't know if I have the strength to spend another 3 years in dental chairs having my mouth ripped to shreds.  I spent 2 years going to Eastmans only to end up with dentures that are so heavy they are like housebricks in my mouth and I cannot use them.  Any dentist out there who can help please?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

have you thought of getting implants,? Don't forget to take s photo of you smiling so they can astheticly match them?

• Posted

Hey Louise .. as I have all teeth removed they  can do implants using overdentures but unless they get the dentures right I am still in the same predicament.  I've had 4 sets of dentures made and had photos supplied with all of them yet not one set come close to my natural look.  
  • Posted

Hi Dreadlocks, have you been referred to the MaxilloFacial dept at your local hospital?  

There is also the Dental Reference Service who might be able to help you

• Posted

Hi mrsmop ... I have been having treatment at Eastmans and they are supposed to be tip top ... I was told that the back of the mouth is unusually wide and this has caused problems but I refuse to believe that they cannot do better than they have so far.  I just need somebody who is used to strange cases to come to my rescue 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.