Depersonalization

Posted , 7 users are following.

did anyone else get severe depersonalization with panic disorder ? 

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, for two days I felt as though I was out of my body and my body was next to me. Frightening xxx
    • Posted

It just feels like the left side of my body is always detached and it's even hard to have balance because it feels like a part of my left side is missing, do u have simlar experiences ? 
    • Posted

Hi I felt this aswell like the left side of my brain was asleep. Eventually when the panic and anxiety disappear that feeling will also
  • Posted

Keep calm as the more you panic the worse it gets.

It doesn't damage you in any way, can't hurt you in any way.

Do breathing exercises, take your mind off it by watching tv, reading,listening to music.

Hope this helps xxx

• Posted

Yes I did until I met someone with it and realized i have that 
    • Posted

I have had 4 psychiatrists and 1 psychologist tell me that I DO NOT HAVE Schizophrenia, but I'm very good at convincing myself that I must. Even though my only symptom is derealization. I'm scared I'm developing schizophrenia. Please helpsad
    • Posted

Trust me you don't have it, your psychologist would be able to tell based on your symptoms I wouldn't put too much thought into it. If u were really schizophrenic you wouldn't think anything was wrong with you and you wouldn't be scared of the symptoms 
    • Posted

You do not have schizophrenia. If you seen 4 physicatrist they would have picked it up.

And you will not develop it because you have depersonalisation

Trust in me I have these thoughts aswell its part of our panic and anxiety that we dwell on our condition trying to diagnose ourselves that we get scared and think do I have this aswell. But you dont gave it so please dont stress.

• Posted

I agree, you are not , schizophrenic cause they dont know there is anything wrong with their consciousness not being in touch with reality. They think what they see is real eventhough it is not.

They cannot control not talking to their delusion in public, even when the public do not see who they are talking to. It is not normal, but they cannot help it. Something happened to them in life that they were not able to realize they had mental disability. I do believe they do see things that are not there, but they engage with phantoms and delusions.

• Posted

How long so your derealization episodes last, you guys?
  • Posted

Hi anna

Yes I do I have severe depression with anxiety 

Panic attacks and agriphobia with dissociative disorder

Which is depersonalisation and derealisation.

I'm 33 now I got this when I was 14yrs old and I did recover

after around 2yrs then got it again at 21 for some period.

and now I just got it 3mths ago and im freaking out but I know eventually we will recover I know this from experience.  Im sure it triggered again with myself from too much stress. Even though for years I was ok I did feel normal but I still had the anxiety and panic I was too scared to be alone or drive alone but honestly I was fine with that.

its just now when I relapse its hard to break out of these strange feelings but deep down I now I will get better 

but it will take time

• Posted

My symptoms are so severe that I'm starting to question whether or not its depersonalization butnidk what else it would be. It's so scary and terrifying idk how anyone can live with it. Do u have any advice for me? I feel like everyday it gets worse 
    • Posted

Im really bad at the moment as well. What are you feeling exactly

• Posted

I am too I fell asleep for a few hours and I woke up really bad but Its hard to place the feeling I just feel like either my body is beneath me or above me I'm not quite sure but at the same time I feel numb and everything just feels weird. Idk how to cope with this feeling anymore. What are you feeling? 
    • Posted

Its very hard to explain my feelings and honestly the list will be never ending. But I can asure you I hate the feeling aswell and im constantly crying and want these feelings to disapear. It all comes from severe anxiety.

I feel weird,  strange, not me its hard for me to hold a conversation because it doesn't feel like its my voice coming out but I don't feel like im anyone else. 

I struggle even being around my family and I know there my family but I question it "is that really my sister"I feel detached from reality.

I wont leave my house. Feel tense in my head it  feels heavy.foggy cloudy like im in a daydream state all the time.

Cause of these feelings I feel anxious and oanicky constantly. 

I cant be around more than one person I just feel strange and think is this real.

• Posted

Are you taking a any  medication. Hos long have you had these feelings for.
    • Posted

Yeah my feelings are about the same and sometimes I even forget why I'm feeling like this way and how I got like this but yes I just started medication a couple days ago I have Zoloft and atarax. I just constantly want to go to the hospital and just hope that they will do something but iknow they can't and that makes me more scared 
    • Posted

Anna I was like that at 14 when I was first diagnosed I seen around 9 physchiatrist in one year and went to doctors like 5 times a day cause I was so so scared and panicky and I felt no one was helping me. The only time I got better then was when I stopped seeking help. See I kept wanting reassurance that I was going to get better but they never really gave it to me and I felt they didnt  care.

We will recover its only a matter of time

• Posted

Is there actually a way I can be diagnosed and know for sure what it is? I pretty much just diagnosed myself with this 
    • Posted

physchiatrist is best for a proper diagnoses

Just right down or your symptoms

And read it out to him/her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.