Depersonalization/ Derealization?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi guys, ive been expereincing terrible derealization/depersonalization . i'm so scared, yesterday i had a panic attack , i feel like i don’t know myself anymore or the people around me (my family, boyfriend) i know them but i feel like when i look at them i don’t know them.. very hard to explain . i feel like im going crazy, insane. has anyone else experienced this??? how do i make it go away? im terrified

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi so if your still struggling with this.. the way I got out of this was just listening to some music and just breathing learning to breath is the best thing you can do. it tells your brain your calm. I know it's scary and you just lack motivation to try anything I was the same. just deep breaths in the nose 7 seconds hold for 2 and out for 10 can try your own times etc. it's do able it happens every now and again for me. I know it seems Impossible but its not. you got this.

• Edited

hello how are you doing? i have also had DP/DR it tales time to go and also acceptance, also diverting your attention to something else rather than looking inwards (easier said than done i know) but as time passes and your interests are back on the outisde world the DP will ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.