Depersonalization pt2

Posted , 4 users are following.

(I posted this tree or four days ago) 

Does anyone else feel like they’re not real? Like, everything is a dream or looks funny? About a month ago something triggered my anxiety and it hasn’t went away since. I dropped out of my senior year of high school because of this and it’s been making me depressed. I’m on Paxil. I have been for at least three weeks and everyone tells me they won’t really start working for about a month or longer. I’m tired of living like this, it’s not like me to stay home. I’ve always had tiny forms of anxiety but it’s never been this bad. I constantly think that there’s going to be LSD in anything that I eat or drink and I know that sounds crazy but I can’t help it. It’s driving me crazy constantly thinking I’m going to go on some big trip when in reality I’m not and I know that far back into my mind. But I start convincing myself that it’s going to happen and my mind starts playing tricks on me.

This morning I woke up and I felt dizzy and I couldn’t really walk. It’s like my body felt dizzy but in my eyes everything was normal. I just need info and tips on all of this. Does anyone else do this? Or have stupid fears they cling to when they’re dealing with anxiety? I’ve done lots of research on my symptoms but I want to know if someone else feels the same way I do. 

(Now)

All of the paranoia started when I had a bad dream that I took the drug. I had started Paxil and it had made it a little bit better, but after the dream things got very bad. I’m feeling better than I did when I wrote the first question but not a lot. I’m thinking this has something to do with the Paxil. I’ve been really really depressed and sick to my stomach, and I have to make myself throw up for my stomach to feel better which I hate doing. I hadn’t ate for three days before yesterday and I had a few small things. It seems as if my anxiety calms down later into the night which I’m not sure about? I take my Paxil 10mg at 4 pm every day but I can’t seem to think that the Paxil is what’s making me feel this way. I feel extremely bad when I wake up in the mornings, it’s like a mixture between sad and anxious. Does anyone else do this? My gut is telling me to just quit the medicine cold turkey but I’m not sure if I should. 

(Also when you reply I really would appreciate not hearing about your experience with this drug or any other drug I’d rather not think about it. And I know it sounds really silly but I’ll eat something and lay in bed and convince myself that I’m going to start tripping when in reality I know I wont) 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have depersonalisation, it's because of your anxiety, anxiety produces all sorts of crazy thoughts and symptoms. I wouldn't quit cold turkey or you will feel worse, stick with it and things will improve, take care 😊

• Posted

Read books on the power of your subconscious mind download them and read some of them are in PDF format , the mind is very powerful it can behave the way we do not want. You can also use spirituality to overcome anxiety. I will assist you if you are interested.
    • Posted

I know how it feels to have anxiety, what you need is for you to reprogram your mind. It is your mind that is causing it. God created everybody and gave them their mind. Most of the symptoms you are felling are not real. You need to draw closer to God and study God words so that you can use it to reprogram your mind. God created you, He formed you. Do not believe the symptoms you are having they are not real. There will be no LSD in your food. Is your mind. Reject the thought. God gave you your mind to use the way you want. You have the power to reject the thought you do not want.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.