Depo injection

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having the depo injection and I have gained ALOT of weight

I spoke to the doctor and advised I went back to the implant and I will loose the weight, has anyone else had this??

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your doc is suggesting you go back on the Nexplanon implant? I've had the implant for 3 years, this is the first birth control that I've ever used in my life. I'm at the highest weight that I've ever been at ever in my life and it's happy in the 3 years that I've had this implant. I know everyone is different but I know that this implant is a factor in my weight, no doubt about it.

• Posted

**Meant to say it's happened in the 3 years.

• Posted

Yeah, I used to have the implant and I was fine then, the weight gain has only been since the injection, so I don't know what to do, like will the weight gain carry on??

• Posted

No idea. I'm wondering the same thing when I get my out and try something different. Crossing my fingers for a change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.