Depo injection

Posted , 1 user is following.

This is going to be very long winded, snd I am probably going to sound crazy (and maybe I have been reading too much internet recently)...

So I have only had one injection of the depo contraception, but the intense amount of hormones affected my mental health too badly to have a second. However in the past few days (was due 14th Feb for the top up) I have started to get stomach pains, intense nausea, headaches (which I NEVER get as I am always hydrated and no matter how much I drink they don’t go) dizziness, boob pains (no change to the physical breast tossue etc) and intense fatigue. I have had unprotected sex, but well within the 14-17 weeks the sister told me I would be protected.

I was wondering if it was possible I am going through some form of withdrawal from the amount of hormones even though it was only one shot, and whether anyone else has experienced this? 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.