depo provera and weight gain

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I started this 3 months and have noticed for a person whos always stayed at the exact same weight for many years because I work out everyday and eat sensably  that I was gaining weight fast probably about 5 to 7 KG only had my first shot 3 months ago. My doctor did warn me of weight gain so I am going to stop taking it my next one is due on the 23 but will not be getting it after I've seen how quickly I've gained weight on my thighs and hips. Was wondering how long until that drug is out of my system or how long will it be until I start losing this weight and looking back to my old self again? I will be watching what I eat too for the next few months and will continue to work out each day.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.