Depress over getting rid of pinworms

Posted , 4 users are following.

feels like they are crawling on my face and in my hair. Any suggestions what to use. Shower everyday and wash my hair and scrubb my face..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try not to think about it, I know it's difficult. I used to feel like they were crawling all over my legs but they weren't. Sometimes showering or exfoliating too much can make it worse as this dries out your skin and makes you feel itchy. Have you seen the doctor about your threadworms?

• Posted

No really to embarrass to tell anyone. I have heard the prescription mess are to expensive. Just trying everything I can, hoping something works
    • Posted

Do you live in the UK? Don't be embarrassed it's more common than you think. Treating it early is the best way you can go about it and something I wish I did. Now 5 years on I've taken countless medication which just doesn't work

• Posted

No fortunately I live in the USA. On Medicare insurance doesn't cover a lot. I have been taking Reese's OTC and washing daily and cleaning. Keep cleaning toilet and vacuuming. Wash hands very often

• Posted

Mebendazole. they don't sell usa , need to have doctor give a presciption. Then fine friend to go to canada or mexico. I got 10 pills. took it for seven weeks and got by body flush out once a week, no sugar at all. I lost twenty pounds.. I am bug free 

• Posted

What was the strength of Mebendazole and did you take it once a week ???
    • Posted

100 mg, And nancy55633 is right tell your doctor you got a itching anus. need to get cream. I still thought i had them, but I irritated the skin so bad.  It took at least two weeks for itching went away. 

​.

• Posted

Did you say you took mebendazole once a week for 7 weeks ?? It looks like I can order it from a Canadian Pharmacy online . I hope it's a replical site

• Posted

Have you actually seen the worms? or are you just assuming it is worms?  Its very common so dont feel embarrassed about it.  There are lots of over the counter remedies you can buy so ask your pharmacist.  Scrubbing your skin will just dry it out,as will constant vigorous washing,and may cause you other problems.     You have to wash any underclothes and bedsheets at high temperatures to get rid of the worms and eggs. Keep your nails short and dont scratch your bottom.   If you have any animals they may need to be treated as well. Get rid of any old animal bedding.       This treatment can take time and you may need to repeat the treatment if the worms recur,but its the only way to do it.

I'm assuming you are in US not UK? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.