Depressed!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had vaginal hysterectomy and bladder repair earlier this year and was fine for 6 months afterwards but now having terrible trouble with burning sensation at the opening of my vagina. Been back to my consultant and he recommend Vagifem and an estrogen cream and been using both now for 4 weeks but hasn't helped the problem. Feeling like I will never be normal in that area again. Have now ordered Sylk lubricant online and praying that this will help. Anyone got any other suggestions?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi gwen 

have a look at premeno duo ovules from stress no more uk 

they are not messy, really moisturise and also duo effect to keep thrush and BV flora under control 

also i use the eco care vaginal ph home testers as PH can be wrong and this means BV or similar.. ( not just dryness) 

vaginal PH should be 4 - 4.5 

i am post meno, no HRT ... i also use Ovestin estriol vaginal ovules only weekly .. Dont think you can get those in UK 

Jay x

• Posted

Thank you for your advice Jay. I will read up on the products you have mentioned. I am at the stage I will try anything in the hope that it helps. x
    • Posted

Hi Gwen

the premeno duo ovules i only use once or twice a week at the most.

never did the use one daily for umpteem days they suggest.. Then reduce..

they work great and not messy like replens .. 

The burning sensation you mention could be something else aswell, like vaginal PH too high etc 

its good to take a probiotic daily keep the good bacteria in the body healthy too.

Hope you find some relief 😊

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Gwendoline ,tried that Sylk for quite a while ,didn't help me at all ,another wonder cure for me that didn't work ,think women go round and around trying various things .

Women get these ops done ,took advice like you do. Then all this what you've got going on ,Jays switched on. I'd listen to her advice Gwen,knows heck of a lot ,more than your dr(s) guarantee it .

• Posted

gwen 

forgot to say another good lube for intimate moments .. 

Is Pjur women ... Thats the best in my opinion ..

jay xx

• Posted

Info About Pjur Woman body glide ( help for intimate times) 

The soft and sensitive skin of women – particularly in the intimate area – requires special attention.

pjur Woman was developed specially for women - with their feeling of well-being and their ability to feel with all the senses in mind: a lubricant and massage fluid with an extremely long lubricant effect that leaves a soft, silky skin feeling.

If the moisture balance in the intimate area should be upset because of stress, after giving birth or during menopause, pjur Woman will restore sexual well-being again. This formula is completely devoid of perfumes and preservatives.

And if you would like to be pampered by your partner with a massage, as a silicone-based body glide, pjur woman is just the thing for an even more intensive experience.

Enjoy a wonderful, velvety-smooth skin with just a dab of pjur Woman – a girl’s best friend at certain times.

• Posted

Hi Jay from Sunny UK whoopee .but cold .

That's a new one Jay ,good find for ladies out there .Jay where did you get that from .im well past the sell by date ,but try anything that might help on the Gyne front.things we go through.

How you been since last spoke ? Travis seems to be doing better ,saw her last post couple weeks back .

I'm trying to get right angle on my balance ,an ENT dr has given me some hope as to what's maybe causing mine ,so keeping a diary on foods etc .will tell Travis PM her ,so she can look it up .what we do hey .

Stay well Jay .xxx

• Posted

You must have read my mind Jay xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marlene 

i am fine thanks, 😑

thats good the ENT giving you some hope ..

yes i see its cold in UK..

nice temp here .. Just right ..suns still got warmth for November so cant grumble, no coats required 😀

take care Marlene

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.