Depressed!!!!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm taking half beta programme 80mg for 3weeks on a routine of 7.30am with a pill I take,BUT through the day I'm extremely tired,feeling very low ( I have 3 children ) and I have completely nooooo energy (sometimes by tea time) to do anything so by 7pm I'm ready for bed. I'm just so tired. Is this normal? Please help I don't want to go back to my gp only to b told just keep plodding on ?. Will it upset my body if I Chang the times off when I take the drug say for instance take at night instead? Please help!!.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, propranolol do make you feel tired at first. I would give it 6 weeks and see how you feel. I used to take the 80mg half-beta slow release and I found them better for me.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle.

As it's slow release it stays in the body for 24 hours, so my Dr told me. Yes try taking at night. But if you are getting signs of clinical depression you really should visit your GP. I take 40mg 3 times a day. I'm sure it makes me exhausted as I ready for bed after Emmerdale!

I can empathise with your predicament. I am on two types of antidepressants though for bipolar dissorder, so I don't get so depressed during the depression stage. Though I do burst into tears at the slightest thing! Whatever, the bipolar or the propranolol and exhaustion, I really don't know.

• Posted

Hi there -

I've been trying propranolol on and off for a while, but never consistently. I'm not sure where I stand with it. I have GAD (generalized anxiety) sometimes with depression. I take 37.5mg Effexor (for a decade). I also use Xanax as needed. The last three days I've been taking the herbal supplement Ashwagandha, and it seems to be working! So I just wanted to post about it to let others know to give it a try! I take half a capsule at a time. I feel more sociable, capable and the worst edge is taken off my anxious worry. I've started to give to my son, who also suffer with GAD.

Anyhow, give it a try - you never know what particular substance will work for your particular make-up. I'm very pleased with the Ashwgandha - trying to find something natural has been difficult, but I think it's working! 

• Posted

Thats very encouraging to hear. I take a myriad of medicines for various conditions. The main ones being Bipolar, depression, anxiety with panic attacks and a spinal condition. I think I'd need to run the Ashwagandha past a pharmacist. 

I take serequel, sertraline, diazepam 5mgx5 daily, propranolol, lanzoprazole, Nitrazepam and metoclopramide oh and codeine phosphate 60mg.

Hope  I'll be able to try this supplement. 

Thanks for the info 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.