Depressed!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I just am feeling very down at the moment (not like me!) - since Feb I have been unable to digest fats, went to GP who put me forward to for an ultrasound which showed no stones, sooooo, then referred to a gastric consultant who says he wants to do more tests for malfunctioning gallbladder.  I would love to hear from anyone who is or has gone through this, horrible pain, bloating and now abdominal pain. Although I don't want to go through surgery I also feel my life is totally on hold at the mo. Thank you.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Has anyone been diagnosed with abdominal adhesions after gallbladder surgery? If yes were you able to get rid of ?
    • Posted

Hi Patricia,

I was not diagnosed with adhesions, but I do believe that I have them...pressure and discomfort from where my gallbladder used to be; my test results are normal.  It's very worrying. Happens when I sit down for a long period of time or at times when I've eaten a bit more than usual.  (I try to eat small meals mostly.)

I have been informed that adhesions can be removed by surgery, but that they usually come back; sometimes more severe than they were sad.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Lynda

I've been trying to figure out why I have so much pain in that area for almost 2 years now. Doctors don't know. Just started getting massage therapy. I wonder if that's what other people are experiencing with the under rib pain after gallbladder surgery.

• Posted

I'm on the same boat you are. Near constant feeling of being bloated, gas and sometimes(rarely) nausea. They only discovered one gallstone in my case and the doctor told me that my attacks(which cause cramps in my stomach area for hours) do not really sound like gallstone attacks. I occasionally also have some very mild pain under my right rib. Endoscopy was all clear,blood test all clear too apart from eleated bilirubin(gilberts syndrome). I don't think they do HIDA scans here but i will ask. I suspect even if mine looks healthy, it's not functioning correctly. It sucks not being diagnosed! Hope we all get better soon smile!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.