Depressed

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello guys, i was also diagnosed of ptyriasis veriscolor and it's  just too painful. it has spread all over my back and now my chest. Have been advised to stop eating food containing yeast. And am presently on diet. Vehetables,chicken, garlic,carrot etc. The painful part of it is i cant get any of the antifungal cream, shampoo and the likes to buy in my locality here in Nigeria.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello there, It seems as if this is a fungal yeast infection, so it makes sense to stop eating food with yeast in it. My doctor has explained to me that it is an on going skin condition that has to be monitored all the time, which I now see, as i did the shampoo and cream for 5 days and then did not do the weekly follow up and some more lesions started. The yeast bacteria on our skin has been disrupted somehow and so the yeast overgrowth proliferates. I especially find it hard in the summer with perspiring too much and I try to wear cotton fabrics as it helps a bit. Maybe you have some one travelling to South Africa who could get you some Condizale cream and Niz Shampoo as it is freely available here.
  • Posted

hello,maroon. Thanks to you. Yeah,have stopped eating food containing yeast and sugary drinks. Thanks to a friend have gotten the NIZORAL SHAMPOO. just started using it. A friend advise,i  dissolve garlic into my bath water before using. Have actually used the NIZ for two days now and am yet to see any effect. i stopped applying a fungal cream i was using before. Am just hoping for a favorable change in my skin color. Thanks again maroon.

• Posted

I do hope it helps, you do need to apply and leave on for 10 mins to dry and then wash off, for 5 days. I did see changes but forgot to do the weekly top up and got a few more that I am dealing with. It takes a while for the skin color to change, keep on with the treatment, it takes time.

​Not sure about garlic, I have heard that a tablespoon of jik or apple cidar vinegar also helps in the bath. Garlic must smell aweful afterwards. Best wishes Marion.

• Posted

Yeah i have seen some changes but once have used it for 5 days,do i stop using it?Even if the changes are not fully effected on my skin. Yeah,a fiend told me about the apple cider vinegar but have not been able to get it . Fred

• Posted

Hi Fred, After the first 5 days and the lesions start to change it takes a while for them to go back to the normal skin color. USE the Niz shampoo once a week after that as a top up, say like every Monday and keep doing that weekly. You can choose any day of the week that suits you, but I do recommend using it weekly, as I see a big difference when I do. What you have to remember is that this condition does not go away, but it can be controlled by the "Niz shampoo. Selenium shampoo also does work but is not as strong as NIZ. "Selsun Shampoo" has 2.5% selenium that helps. It is cheaper than Niz and could be a good alternative for the weekly skin wash.

?You still need to wait 5-10 minutes for it to dry before washing it off, do once a week. The pale or dark spots fade over time, so do not give up. Keep on keeping on. M smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.