Depressed

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am now in the process of losing my job due to high levels of sickness, I am so worried, it's so sad that employers do not understand this debilitating condition, and not compassionate. I just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I feel so sorry for anyone who works while putting up with this terrible illness. So many people have no concept of how bad it is, including many in the medical profession. 

I hope that you can sort things out without having to give up your job.

• Posted

You are aware that in the uk meniere's disease is listed on the disability Equality Act 2010. The Menieres Society are very helpful and friendly to speak to, they may be able to advise you of your options. Hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

Seek legal advice. If you are in UK start with your local CAB as they can refer you to a lawyer for a free 30 min consultation. If you are a chronic confirmed Meniere's sufferer your employer may be a risk of an 'unfair dismissal' claim.

Meanwhile have you had a consultant review recently and are you on appropriate medication?

• Posted

if you mean biliousness ,then i take prochlorperazine tablets as your doctor about them are suppose to stop sickness they work for me,hope is of some help,i know what you mean people cannot see the signs of this illness so hard for them to understand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.