Depressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don’t know what to do, I went to a wedding got blacked out drunk, was horrible to my boyfriend, I had started taking the naltrexone  a month ago, but was just taking 12.5, because I felt so sick on the 25, my drinking was really good until then, I had started drinking a little, afraid I was going to get bad again, I got the naltrexone, anyway it’s either I stop drinking or me & my boyfriend are done, he does not believe in this method 

I need advice please

😢

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shannon, This could be a turning point for you, it really depends on what you want to do. Take the relationship out of the equation for a moment because no matter how strong your feelings are, you have to decide what it is that you want to do for yourself ultimately. What is your relationship with the drink like? Does the thought of quitting scare you? Do you feel that the pleasure you get from Alcohol (physically and socially) is something that you can't get from anywhere else? Are you looking forward to a drink most of the time? What ever you decide you want to do, it has to be because you want to do it, doing it because someone else wants you to is not a great incentive to stop. It would help if you could share your drinking habits with us, like how often you drink, how much it is and how it makes you feel when you do drink. It would be easy for me to say "Just quit" but I know that it is no where near as simple as that. Does going out with friends always centre around the pub? Naltrexone does work great for some, but perhaps with a little more info we could explore some other options that may be more ideal and helpful for you. There are plenty of helpful people on here that know what your going through (myself included) that would love to give you some tips and ideas. AL  

• Posted

I used to be like what u were describing, I had almost 2 1/2 years off alcohol, I could stop now, but I’m tired of going to social events without drinking, I just wanted to feel normal again, but my boyfriend said u are playing Russian roulette w that pill, which is true, I was doing so well, I was drinking 2 to 3 drinks

My boyfriends father was an alcoholic, he was mentally & physically abused, so it makes this worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.