Depressed

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm a 63 year old female diagnosed maybe 10 year ago. I believe this all started after hysterectomy. I lost all right labia and nearly all of the left. I have fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis, osteoporosis and adrenal fatigue. Past sub-thyroid. Is LS auto immune? Just moved to Southern California Palm Springs area. Depressed when finally able to have sex the lubricant causes such discomfort! Also know I've had urine infection going on but hat dealing nurses doctors who do not know this norm for LS. Tried dermatologist who doesn't actually deal with LS patient and he immediately wanted to lower steroid strength! I believe what I've been doing has allowed to maintain some normalcy. Please advise!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Now you guys are making me nervous. Is the steroid to prevent the laboa from atrophying? I am 26 days diagnosed and have not seen the Dr. Yet since my diagnosis and hv not atatted any steroids to date. My first appt. will be July 24. I can tell my right labia is smaller tgan my left just from feel,  will this continue until I see the Dr??
    • Posted

My understanding is the glob is for atrophy tearing itching. I use as neededand after sex, baking soda rinse after toilet. Now trying organic coconut oil for moisture and lubricant. I'm always fighting urine infections. But the atrophy of labia recovered very slightly and no further atrophy seen. In still having sex just need to stay on maintenance measures.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.