Depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

After months of this DD thought I'd seen the end of it. But why do I have the majority of the time blood/ mucus it's there when I wipe....just getting me down is what it's supposed to be like for the rest of my life ? Trying everything . CBD OIL Slippery Elm. Probiotics. What else ????

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gloria, I am sure that anyone who has been dealing with this condition can identify with how you feel. It seems like a moving target in the way that, what seemed to be working to improve or resolve the symptoms suddenly is ineffective. It doesn't help that there is still confusion over what the guidelines should be as well. The latest bout I have been dealing with has been going on for weeks with symptoms like cramps, loose/inconsistent stools and nausea..at this point, after over 2 years of frequent flare ups, I am strongly considering surgery. As far as what works, I agree to some extent with other comments that a lot of supplements are snake oil..CDB oil for one. I found very little if any relief with CDB oil, for such a costly and touted product I was really disappointed. A warning to those who may try this product: because it is called 'hemp oil' does not mean it contains CDB!

As far as what works, I believe proper hydration, a common sense diet and moderate exercise like walking are all helpful..bone broth for the collagen it contains, a quality probiotic unlike those found in big chain stores and certain naturally fermented foods like kefir or sauerkraut are great for gut flora. Avoiding alcohol, fried foods, too much sugar and anything with insoluble fiber is advised as well.

The last and most important thing is to find time in God's Word and prayer, nothing can give you more peace than the hope of salvation in Jesus and the reassurance of God's Word..see Phillipians 4:6 & 7.

• Posted

Gloria, have you had colonoscopies? If so, did you get any biopsies done to rule out a colitis? There is also a condition linked to DD called diverticula colitis where the area between the sacs become inflamed and bleed and produce mucus....this is not diverticulitis but causes pain just the same. If you have had a colonoscopy then this would have been ruled out possibly.

I am seeing my consultant again next year and will be asking why I keep getting blood/ mucus. I'll post back if I get some answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.