Depressed about peri joint pain and symptoms again

Posted , 7 users are following.

Help Ladies, once again the peri stuff reminded me that its back, I am experiencing the breast pain, joint swelling all in my chest, I have had this before and its very frustrating. I went to the dr. even E.R about 4 months ago and they did a chest xray and nothing, I heard some dietary supplements may help. If ANYONE has ANY idea please let me know, has anyone else gone through this, I hate menopause, nothing like this happenede to me until last year, I only heard about hot flashes, I am filled with anxiety thinking the most dreadful thing is going to happen, I am scare of everything too, I have very little support. 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I don't have any suggestions for supplements but I'm going through the same as you and really sympathise- I know how dibilltating it is. I take Kalms in the day and night Kalms at night 😊 They do make a bit of a difference. I try and talk myself through the bad anxiety I get, and breath slowly as recommended by lots of menopause info. I wish we could find out how long it's  likely to go on for so we could see light at the end of the tunnel. It's relentless. Wishing you lots of positive energy to get through it. Take x
    • Posted

thank you Deborah, I read where the curcumin/tumeric works well for joint swelling/pain and fish oil help too. What is Kalms? I live in the U.S and I go to the health food store all the time. I think I hate the anxiety more than anything and once again, I was never nervous all the time like this, I agree that it would be good to know when this will end, I heard that it can go on for 10-12 years.  
  • Posted

Hi..I too have been getting a pain and discomfort mainly on my left side. Getting acid reflux too.

I get bad anxiety and these symptoms make the anxiety worse. I'm so tired of going to the doctors. It's like they think it's all in my mind.

I already had all the hormonal blood work done that showed my hormones are all out of whack.

I'm seeing a new primary doctor next week and I hope this one is better at listening to me. 😣

• Posted

I am sorry Lennie I know how you feel just try to let go and you will be okay in the end love Elainexx
    • Posted

Thank you Elaine, the anxiety and stress about having all these issues are the worse. I imagine the most dreadful diseases, I am afraid to even go to the Dr. I will try to relax, the swelling really reeks especially the tightness in my joints,neck, I did address this with my Dr. He said hormones can screw up everything. He keeps reminding me that all these symptoms appeared when premenopausal happened
  • Posted

Hi Lennie I had postnatal depression after having my second son George. He was born under caesarian section please remember you will need to enjoy Christmas day. Lots of love Elaine🎄🎄🎄 .
  • Posted

Hi. First off I'd go down to the health shop And see what they suggest or better yet if you have herbalists go see one of them. There's many vitamins herbs to help with hormones like starflower or evening primrose oil for breast tenderness/swelling etc. fish oil for inflammation as with turmeric etc. Do a search on femaprin by natures way. It's vitex extract. Just search the testimonials and see what you think. I've been to two natural health Drs now who both said to take vitex/chaste berry.

or there's maca powder, an adaptogen to work on your adrenals aka anxiety and provides necessary nutrients to balance hormones. Plus maca really gives you an energy boost. 

at least US Drs are open to peri menopause. Over here in Nz it's given no priority at all if you aren't of the right age or "just" not having periods. It's the yeArs leading up to menopause that are worse cause it's harder to diagnose . I can tell you my anxiety ALONE has been responsible for a whole host of physical probs so I find trying to keep busy and my mind distracted the most important thing. Do something you enjoy if you can. But easier said than done I know.

anyway I'm just starting the femaprin so I hope like hell it helps. Things with herbs is they take longer to work. Not a quick fix like drugs . Probably why people poo poo all over herbal remedies. 

• Posted

Ella, hi, I started tumeric yesterday and I already see a difference, my lady at the health food store also told me about the maca and the evening primrose oil.  When you have this soreness, swelling, you panic you think the worse. I am filled with anxiety and trying to cope with it too. Thanks so much
  • Posted

Hello, Ladies...

As much as I hate to read about the suffering of others, there is an odd comfort in knowing that I am not alone! I sought out a forum that would confirm for me that I'm not crazy -- or at least not from the peri-menopause standpoint. The anxiety is awful, but for me the phantom joint/chest/full body pain is the worst.  I am dizzy 98% of the time.  Migraines have increased from one every few months to two or more per WEEK!  I eat the simplest things, now, and have reflux and heartburn like I ate 5-alarm chili with shot glasses of Tabasco sauce!  It's ridiculous!  And, it all happened overnight!  I went from feeling normal to not being able to recognize my body, inside or out!  Four beautiful kids, but what a price women have to pay!

Well, thank you for letting me vent a little.  I'm feeling particularly crumby this morning/afternoon, and I felt a little whining was in order.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.