Depressed , again

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been depressed again for about 6 weeks now. Am really struggling with everything. I have been going to work but finding it very hard & seem to be making mistakes too often .

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Get yourself along to your GP and ask for advice. You may be prescribed medication and that will be the start to your recovery. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, yes I've been to GPs but getting quite a desperate feeling right now ,making mistakes at work & really struggling. Work have been good but I said I didn't want it on records that I'm suffering but it's affecting my work now
  • Posted

Have you been to the Dr yet? Are you sleeping and eating?
    • Posted

Hi, yes I've been to GP and have been on sertraline 50mg , I have had this before . Was about 6 years since my last depressed period
    • Posted

Not eating very well at all , but fresh stuff to eat then just end up throwing it out due toNO motivation to make food . Anxious about shopping too. Sleep , probably too much
    • Posted

How long have you been on sertraline? Its,awful I know, I'm going through it too, I'm 3 1/2 weeks on it now.

It takes time, I'm a bit better already with the depression, but anxiety is,still bothersome a bit, and sweat so much at night!!

• Posted

I've been on them for coming up for 2 weeks now , I actually feel worse . Am really worried about work . Glad to hear they are easing your depression. Yes I'm anxious too , feel very trapped in this right now
    • Posted

I know the feelin of being trapped its the worst feeling in the world I think!

Since I've been like this I've not been able to work at all. With medication you always feel worse at the beginning, then you should start to feel a bit better, if not then perhaps Dr may increase your dose I think? Can you not get some sick leave from work or take hoiday? I guess at this time of year its hard to get time off, but your health is much more important.

Xx

• Posted

I'm at GPs tomorrow so will ask about meds . I work term time , so would have to take sick leave , I don't want to but if I keep messing up at work I don't have much choice xx
    • Posted

Are you off sick ? I'm really worried about going off sick but if I stay in work I'm not sure I would keep my job
  • Posted

Hi Lucy, 

I know how hard it is to cope situation like you are suffering from. But if you are feel like you are struggling with day-today work; this means you need a break. You can ask your friend to roam around or pack your bags and go on a vacation for a week. Search the place where you feel relaxed. Explore yourself!! It is very important to face this situation. 

• Posted

Thanks for reply dorothybaez,

I can understand why you said to get away but I just don't have that in me , leaving the house is a trial enough in itself , work is too hard x

• Posted

Know the feeling.I'm not officially diagnosed with depression or anxiety,due to that my parents don't take me seriuously.Im currently a 3rd year radiography therapy student.I've been to a homeopath but she recommende probiotics,omega 3,b-complex supplement which i did not much success.

Not sure maybe i also really don't like the job(finishing this year my studies).Any advice woul be much appreciated.Also my family very "old school" in the sense suck it up or jog off the depro vibe.(i was also a happy go lucky person but past 4 yrs not good at all. 

All of the best for you . 

• Posted

Thanks for reply abrie, sounds tough for you . Have you not been to GP ?

I'm really bad right now , most of the time , we'll all of the time I'm anxious, feel I'm doing the wrong thing , struggling with everyday tasks so work is just not good . I have a child as well so don't want to let them down . Was so busy / active during the summer , close people would've described me as manic but I felt I was ok , looking back I was living quite a fast paced existence & ive now come down with a bang 😖

All the best to you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.